Each player writes down what they believe is the correct answer, or more likely, an answer that they think will hoodwink others. Answers (along with name of the author) are submitted to the host. The host reads out all the responses, PLUS the real answer/definition. Contestants in turn then select what they believe is the correct one. Once all players have selected, the real answer is revealed. Points are given for fooling other players and for choosing the real and often unbelievable answer.
1 point is awarded to each player for every guess his concocted answer receives.
2 points are awarded to each player who chooses the real answer.
3 points are awarded to a player who submits a definition which is close to the correct answer.
A player may, as a bluffing trick, vote for his own answer but won't receive a point for choosing their own answer.
- Word – What is this meaning/definition?
- Album/Song Title - Which band released this album/song?
- Collective noun – what is the collective noun for this animal/item?
- Horse – Name the horse (From the names of the parents - Sire & Dam)
- Movie – What is the title of this film? (From the plot synopsis/TV Guide entry)
- Phobia - What is this phobia a fear of?
- Quote – Who said this?
- Aboriginal Word - What is this meaning/translation?
- Initials – What do these initials stand for?
- Date – What happened on this day?
- Person’s name – What is this person known for?